I have been meaning to foolproof my sourdough pizza recipe for a long time. After 4 attempts, I am happy to report I finally got it right. The dough has immense depth of flavour thanks to the sourdough , it is not doughy and easy on the gut. I am so glad it has turned out just the way I wanted it to.
I won’t ramble on more but I am happy to share my recipe , hope you enjoy it too.
Let me know know if you have any queries regarding the recipe.
Gluten free sourdough Pizza Recipe
This recipes makes 1 standard pizza. You should get 6-7 slices, you can double it and it should give you the same result.
- Sorghum / Jowar Flour – 119 g
- Brown Rice Flour – 39 g
- Buckwheat / Kuttu Flour – 23 g
- Tapioca Starch – 52 g
- Active Sourdough- 35 g How to make Sourdough starter
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Powdered Flax seed – 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1tsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 gm cherry tomatoes or ripe regular salad tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp dried herbs like oregano, basil or rosemary
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chilli Flakes (optional to taste)
- In a bowl thoroughly mix the flours, flax seed , salt. Once the dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed add the water, oil, sourdough starter and honey.
- Mix with a hand held mixer or the paddle attachment of the stand mixer.
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a wet tea towel for two hours.
- In the meantime prepare your toppings.
- To prepare the sauce, take a medium pan, heat and pour in the olive oil. Once the pan is heated, tip in the onions and let it cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes and then add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Then slide in all the ingredients and let it cook on a slow heat for 10 minutes. You should get a thick tomato sauce at the end of it. Please feel free to add more herbs and spices to your taste.
- Once the dough proofed and rested , roll it out on a well floured surface or a flat pizza stone or pan with a parchment paper. If you cannot roll it with a rolling pin, just use your hands to slowly shape it into circle.
- In the meanwhile preheat your oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Now bake the dough for 10-15 minutes in the oven.
- Take the dough out once baked and then pour any sauce of your choice or my sauce , then I add a layer of cheese, or you could use any toppings of your choice , I used a mix of green peppers and mushroom . Then top it with little more cheese. I use around 150 gm of mozarella in total and a little bit of cheddar.
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or once the cheese has melted.
- Once the pizza is baked, wait a good 5 minutes before you slice it. Top it with fresh basil for beautiful flavour.
If you are looking for a regular pizza recipe , check this out – Gluten Free Pizza
Do tag me on @jagglutenfree on Instagram or Twitter or @GFIndia on Facebook if you try this out.
I also do have another recipe in my book.